This is just a place to put this document (now 4 years old).
Direct link, here.
There is no easy way to pay digital content creators directly. Current means to award cash distributions directly to a writer, blogger or videographers requires either locked-in membership / subscription (Youtube, Medium), a Patreon account or a PayPal account. And “mini/micro” payments are not possible (less than $1).
Yet, there are billions of content providers who produce quality, imbursement worthy content. These creators are locked out of the Content Economy.
What is WeeFee?
WeeFee allows consumers of content to post small increments of payment to the managed accounts of content creators. Providers of content host WeeFee API script logic which allows consumers of content to send cash increments through the WeeFee platform.
Both consumers and providers of content are required to be registered as WeeFee account holders.
- Did you like that article? Click the WeeFee button for the article.
- Did you write a comment that folks enjoyed? People could click the WeeFee button for your comment.
- Did you write a quality review of a movie, book or restaurant? Folks could pay you for your thoughtful commentary.
- Did you like that OpEd? Pay the writer directly by clicking the WeeFee button.
The money model:
- WeeFee.me can be modeled as a bank.
- WeeFee accepts deposits into accounts.
- WeeFee charges a fee to transfer funds from account to account.
- WeeFee charges a fee to withdraw funds from accounts.
- WeeFee provides an API to allow branches (content providers) to enact transactions.